Peter Gabriel - New Blood

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Is this love big enough to watch over me?

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Che sia un'epidemia??
    Anche Peter Gabriel sta x pubblicare (il 10/10/2011) un cd contentente 14 brani reinterpretati.
    Curiosa l'affermazione di pochi giorni fa riguardante Kate in DON'T GIVE UP:

Peter Gabriel has revealed that Kate Bush only sang on his 1986 single 'Don't Give Up' when Dolly Parton turned it down.

The ex-Genesis man has re-recorded the track with singer Ane Brun for his upcoming album New Blood, which is released on October 10.

Gabriel told The Quietus: "There's an interesting story about this song. Because there was this reference point of American roots music in it when I first wrote it, it was suggested that Dolly Parton sing on it.

"But Dolly turned it down... and I'm glad she did because what Kate did on it is... brilliant."

He added: "Obviously a lot of the power of the song came from the way that Kate sings it. Dolly later asked me to sing it with her on her TV show but I couldn't because I was on tour.

Ascolterò di sicuro la nuova versione con Ane Brun (che non conosco...).

blogPeterGabrielNew_Blood
    New Blood’ track list
    1.The Rhythm of the Heat
    2.Downside Up (ft. Melanie Gabriel)
    3.San Jacinto
    4.Intruder
    5.Wallflower
    6.In Your Eyes
    7.Mercy Street
    8.Red Rain
    9.Darkness
    10.Don’t Give Up (ft. Ane Brun)
    11.Digging in the Dirt
    12.The Nest that Sailed the Sky
    13.A Quiet Moment
    14.Solsbury Hill (bonus track)

2. woomera
        +1   -1

User deleted

Conosco Ane Brun, molto brava ma la voce di Kate è insostituibile -_- , nemmeno Sinead e Paula Cole mi incuriosirono più di tanto.
    Cmq sti progetti io non li concepisco proprio, almeno Director's cut aveva più senso, l'insoddisfazione per due album poco riusciti...,ma questo di Peter mi sembra solo una commercialata dettata da pressioni discografiche <_<

P.S. anni fa aprii un topic su Ane Brun: https://katebushitalia.forumfree.it/?t=26588612

1 replies since 26/9/2011, 17:56   76 views